Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blood and other catastrophes

My existence up until this point has been a lie.  Why, you ask?  

*sigh*

I found out today that my blood type, which I thought was O positive, is in fact A positive.  How depressing.  I thought I was special, that I could give to all the other types, but I'm just ordinary.  And I can't give J any blood, should he need it.  What use am I to anyone?  Unless I continue to donate blood to the red cross, of course.

In other news, I had a perfectly wonderful idea for a blog post.  Unfortunately, that idea is written in my thought notebook, which is carefully packed next to my underwear in my suitcase.  I already zipped the suitcase, so there's no recovering the notebook until tomorrow when I reach my hotel...

It had something to do with grad school...something to do with not coming here to summarize books...something to do with something cleverer than that.

I'll just have to wait a few days to write about it.  Give it some time to ferment nicely.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Somebody dying and needing type A blood would not find you ordinary...there are other people to save besides J.
I don't think you can save me either though. And I cannot even give blood! Mad Cow Disease