Less than two weeks until the wedding...Lord I wish people would quit asking me questions. Why didn't we go to the courthouse, again?
J reminds me that the wedding is mostly for our family, not for us, and he's right I suppose. Recently, a relative of his up and got engaged and married within the course of a week to a girl few people had time to realize he was dating. J is still smarting from this, as he always imagined he'd see his relative get married, and I'm sure the guy's parents aren't happy that their only son didn't invite them to his wedding.
So we're having a wedding, and people will insist on asking me if I'm worried about the weather (yes), if I've done ____ yet (probably not, thanks for the reminder), if I know how many people are coming, exactly (no, let me go count for the fifteenth time), whether we're doing anything exciting afterward (nope, back to work on monday)...
I'm stressed, but at the same time I know I'll be a little sad when it's all over. Glad to finally be married to the one of the few people who knows how I think, but sad that the day we've anticipated for over a year is over with... Next up: kids! Kidding, of course. I hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Kate,
I have no questions for you, just regrets. This Florida girl with a Florida driving record is to scared to drive in mountainous snow for her favorite cousins wedding (shh, don't tell Derek or Daniel about the Fav. Cousin thing).
kidding of course.
But, with my dad's health, he and mom do not want to risk the weather, and I don't blame them...
Stephen is out of town for his annual Race Planning Meeting thingy, and that leaves... Me.
I contemplated a solo journey, but that would put too much worry on my folks, I think. Plus, Like I said earlier, Snow driving in a 5 speed Element may not be the wisest of choices.
ok, two stupid questions: Will you guys have a "spring break"? and when are you traveling for your honeymoon?
You can answer at a later date, but I want to put a special trip on my calendar to come visit the newly weds!
Much love and Confidence sent your way, and wishes of Peace and Joy to your union!
Paix, ma cousine.
Leigh
Post a Comment